Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Formula Query

JTB76
8 - Asteroid

Why might the below be flagging a Parse Error:

if !IsNull([Override Expiration]) and if [Strategy Testing Override Type] = 'Green' Then "Override in Place" Else [Strategy Test Month] Endif

I basically want to say, if Override Expiration is not empty and Strategy Testing Override Type is Green, then I want the field to say Override in Place, otherwise just bring in the existing data

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @JTB76 

Formula would be

if !IsNull([Override Expiration]) and [Strategy Testing Override Type] = 'Green' Then "Override in Place" Else [Strategy Test Month] Endif

Removing IF

if !IsNull([Override Expiration]) and if [Strategy Testing Override Type] = 'Green' Then "Override in Place" Else [Strategy Test Month] Endif

Hope this helps : )

JTB76
8 - Asteroid

OK...Feel stupid now!!!    Thanks a lot.  Much appreciated...

JTB76
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 

I do have another query (hopefully a little more challenging than the last!)  you might be able to help out with:

Most of my questions on here have been about this flow, but I have now discovered an issue now that its gone live!  The attached shows the part of my flow that I am having an issue with.

1 = This is where numerous data files are created into PDF files.  They are ultimately grouped by the overall 'Approver' contact.

2 = This part of the flow creates the specific PDF's for Account and Sub Account.  The issue I have is that whilst the Approver across the Account and Sub Accounts will be the same, I also have Owners and Coordinators that might be different across accounts:  EG.  Bob is approver across 2 accounts.  But account 1 has Sally and Greg as Owner and Coord and account 2 has Bill and Ben..............

3 = This is where the pdf's are grouped together so that the Approver only receives 1 email/attachment will all the items for them.

My issue initially was that only the Approver and one of the Owners / Coords was being sent the files.  In step 3 above/attached I not only selected Approver, but also Owner and Coord.  This now does show that all of them will receive the emails....However, as there are 6 different Owners/Coords, the Approver is now going to receive 6 emails.......Is there any way that I can still have the mail going to the approver once but also ensuring that all Owners and Coords are also getting the files?

I know that's a lot of info, but if you can assist it would be great.  Let me know if any further screenshots etc would help.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @JTB76 

This is quite a challenging usecase. Let me give it a try. I would suggest you to post it as a new question so that others will also know its a new usecase and will take a look into it. People generally ignore already solved posts.

Hence please post it as a new question for maximum participation from solvers 🙂.