Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Server - AWS File Server - publishing error for some users

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

Not sure if anyone else has run into this type of issue. we are in the process of migrating to a centralized server for our company and one of the connection points we use is an AWS File Server (similar to a shared drive local --- \\awsourfileserverexample\department\macros\). I have confirmed that the main admin account on the new server has access to the folder structure and I have been able to successfully publish a new workflow that references files (macros etc.) on that server successfully. 

However, colleagues of mine that are following the same steps are running into issues when publishing that the folder structure or files do not exist (the server isn't seeing them).

aehrenwo_0-1627060670786.jpeg

I have gone as far as downloading a failed published workflow from that colleague. removing the macro and adding it back in on my machine and it publishes fine.  we both are able to run the workflow locally on our machines referencing the shared folder. 

any idea what would cause this behavior? 

1 REPLY 1
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hey @aehrenwo  when your colleagues publish the workflow are they opening up the assets options an unselecting the macros before uploading them?