Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Exception during API migration implementation

sricharan
7 - Meteor

I am working Alteryx API implementations using Python. i have executed all API endpoints(getting questions, executing the workflow, getting results of workflow, etc.) with the help of interactive api doc and Python.

I have stuck while Publishing workflow using API into another gallery(workflow migration). i am facing an issue - 

{"data":null,"exceptionName":"BadRequestException","innerExceptionMessage":"","message":"Must specify subscription key (oauth_consumer_key parameter)."}'.

Earlier while i was executing other endpoints Alteryx never asked me for subscription key.

For publishing, i am using,

• .yxzp extended workflow as a example
  • URL - gallery/api/admin/v1/workflows/
  • admin API key & secret are used
  • passing file to upload in the files attribute in the requests.post method (e.g resp = requests.post(url, files ={'logo': file_to_publish}, headers = {
    'Content-Type': 'multipart/form-data','Accept': 'application/xml'}))
  • payload is file_to_publish

@JeffreyP and others Please help me to execute Publish endpoint? Could you please provide the artifacts(code/workflow) of the working prototype if you have?

Your reply is much appreciable.

4 REPLIES 4
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You need to be passing the "oauth_consumer_key"

See this post for a reference...https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Dev-Space/Server-2018-4-POST-api-admin-v1-workflows-UnknownError/m-...

Hope this helps. If so, please mark as solved so others can find it on the community

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
sricharan
7 - Meteor

Your reply much helpful and followed Thanks!

Now i am facing an another issue

{"data":null,"exceptionName":"UnknownException","innerExceptionMessage":"","message":"Unknown error.\\u000aIOException\\u000aRequestID: 82ff4537ef7046a3aee076b4e50bcdb4"}

What could be the reason? 

sricharan
7 - Meteor

I have used MultiPartEncoder from the requests_toolbelt of python that has resolved my issue.

avanibhatnagar
8 - Asteroid

@sricharan - Hey do you have a sample of the POST request in Python to send a file?