Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Error in writing output from gallery to server

ashiques
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I created an app which take input from local folder and write the output in same local folder in a different file.

This folder is sync with box app. So when ever I update the Box file from browser it automatically update my local files.

When upload the app in alteryx gallery it takes the input correctly but giving error in writing the output in file. below is the image of that.

For input from it gives me error for "Path not found" but in the ouput it gives me error of "Cannot access the folder".

Is this because alteryx server is in different location or the box folder which is present in server locally is accessible to the credential of its owner or something else.

image.png

12 REPLIES 12
ashiques
8 - Asteroid

I am giving absolute path only. Now it is working but in the gallery it says

image.png

But the file is updated in the server. I don't know why I am not getting any output from the gallery.

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ashiques - Hopefully I am tracking with you here; I think the best way to explain this is to think of this as 2 parts:

1. You want to update the file on your machine/network location (which is working)

2. You ALSO want the user to get a copy of the file (or at least have that file open)

The reason I say "copy" is that you are expecting output from the Gallery, but the gallery is actually hosted up on the web, so if you want the web app to return that same file, it would need to output a "second" file with output from the data contained within the workflow to something consumable by users. Otherwise, you are trying to get the gallery to go and find that file on the network location, then output it (again) for the user to consume.

Two options:

1. Display the path where the file is located, so users can navigate to that location to open it

2. If the file path is static, you could chain the app so that the first app updates the file (just as you have it) and the second reads in that same newly updated file and outputs it for the user

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
ashiques
8 - Asteroid

Hi @SophiaF ,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am able to generate the output from gallery by uploading the template file with the app as an asset. So now I got 2versions of app first one is to write in the server machine and second is to generate the output in gallery.

Thanks