Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Do CREW macros need to be installed on Gallery box in order to run successfully?

mix_pix
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I believe the answer to this question is "Yes" but I wanted to confirm and to also understand if there are viable workarounds.

Here's the situation:

- We have a workflow that uses a Conditional Runner to call a workflow that resides in Dropbox.

- The workflow in Dropbox leverages a macro that also lives in Dropbox, since the Runner macros cannot "unzip" a packaged workflow, i.e. all assets used by the workflow being called by a Runner cannot be packaged.

- This all performs fine when we run the workflow locally.  But when we save the workflow to Gallery and try to run it, we get errors because certain assets required by the Runner macro are not accessible. 

Here is what our Runner macro configuration looks like:

runner config.png

Even though I've selected the Conditional Runner workflow in the macro assets, I still get this error when I save to gallery:

runner error 2.png

And when I run that workflow from Gallery, I get the following error:

runner error 1.png

So, working off of the assumption that all of these files need to be packaged into the workflow, I went back to the workflow in Designer and included these files:

runner config 2.png

I was unclear how to set up the AlteryxRunner executable file into an appropriate nested folder, which I believe is the cause of the error I get on Gallery when I try to run this modified workflow.

runner error 3.png

Is there anything I am missing?  Any help/guidance here would be appreciated. :-)

10 REPLIES 10
AnastasiaStepanova
6 - Meteoroid

Hi ScottG,

It's really an interesting idea of using macros to sequence workflows runs.

However, I can't imagine how I could avoid using CReW macros if I need to build conditional logic of which Application (it's important to ask user for inputs) to be run. 

Can you please guide me here? 

Appreciate your help,

Anastasia