Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

DSNLess connection to Snowflake

banderss
5 - Atom

I was hoping to use a DSN Less connection to Snowflake and thought that meant not having to worry about matching aliases on client and server. This proved to be false as when publishing the workflow, I still get a "can't translate alias" error. Shouldn't the point of DSN Less connections be to NOT have to worry about matching aliases on the client and server side? Using version 2021.1.4

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @banderss ,

To clarify, when using a DSN-less connection, you won`t need to worry about matching the DSN (data source name) on the client and server. 

The 'Unable to translate alias' error (I`m guessing this is the error message you are getting) can still occur if you are creating the connection using the 'Manage connections' option on your Designer or if you are using a Gallery Data Connection. If you are not using any of these, please share some screenshots of your workflow, connection string and the error message.

Here is a document showing how to troubleshoot this issue, but feel free to let me know if you are using what I mentioned before and I will help fixing the issue: https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Troubleshooting-Unable-to-translate-Alias-with-Gallery...

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino