Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Connecting to Server's MongoDB

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

We have apps that use the MongoDB Input tool to read our Alteryx Mongo files. It works great on the server and in apps on the gallery. My only question is there a simple way to modify the tool so that the workflow would also work on my local machine? Obviously the localhost would have to change to something else, but my basic attempts at putting in the server name or IP address did not immediately work.

Untitled.png

17 REPLIES 17
levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

Hi @KJennings,

It's possible Lucene isn't one I typically use or found useful.

For workflows, you can find that under AtleryxService db and As_applications to get the modules names and users who ran them and when

Pulling from Atleryx Service.png

For what workflow is loaded in the Gallery, I would us appInfos in the AlteryxGallery db give you information on what workflows have been uploaded

Pulling from Atleryx Gallery.png

Alteryx has a Gallery report tool which was on their download page, but I can't find it anymore, but I used that as one of my starting points and modified it for my own needs

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Just to round off the information. The 3rd DB that you're talking about is AlteryxGallery_Lucene, however you shouldn't need to get anything from that.

Some more info can be found among the User Managed info here

KJennings
9 - Comet

Hi @levell_x_dunn, @KaneG

Thank you for that information, it is exactly what I was trying to locate.

Regards,

kj

MarcSchoenwandt
5 - Atom

Does anyone know where the actual worklflows/apps are stored? I've been snooping around with the MongoDB input, but can't seem to find a way to get my hands on the actual files. I assume they have been stored as blobs and I've converted some  of __ServiceData fields that seem to have some data in it, but it looks like it's just metadata and not the actual workflow.

The_Dev_Kev_Env
9 - Comet

Hi All,

I am in midst of creating an orchestrator of sorts and would like to use the MongoDB as a way to identify if workflow was added to queue or complete.

Use-case aside, the "AS_QUEUE" table shows null for the workflow name that I am running ("appName"). This I assume because it is not an app and I am running it from it's disk location. My question is if there is a way I can get that workflow path/name and join it to the queue/results tables? I have been able to find the workflow path/name in "AS_Applications", but have not found a successful way to join that back to queue/results collections.

Any insight here?

Best,

dK

Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

Hi there, 

Another VM user over here. 

I can connect to the VM using telnet. The password and username work fine when connecting to the MongoDB on the server using localhost.

But, If I enter a database name (AlteryxService, AlteryxGallery, etc.), I don't get anything in the Collection drop down. Any ideas what might be happening?mongo.PNG

Thanks,

GM

JohnBell
8 - Asteroid

@Greg_Murray 

I was getting the same thing today.

When I was on the controller the DB and collection would not come up in the drop down; but when I went to the worker machine, after entering the DB, the collection drop down got populated.

I'm not sure why the difference between the controller and worker...

Hope this might help you.

Thanks,

John

suzb
6 - Meteoroid

we have the same issue. has anyone found a solution to the collection drop-down not working? I'm on Alteryx 2018.3.5