Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Collection Delete

mjtowne
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

As an administrator i would like to delete a collection that is no longer used. However i am not the owner of the collection as the user has left the company. How do we remove the collection.

Can this only be done through the Mongo DB.

Thanks

Martin

5 REPLIES 5
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I know you cannot do it via the Gallery UI.  I believe there is an idea out there for Admins to be able to do anything at all time to the Gallery through the UI (that's usually what being an Admin means, right?).  But I can't find the idea.  Hopefully it gets implemented within the next couple of releases, along with allowing us to delete subscriptions, and add users without adding a subscription for them.....but I digress.

Anyway, I believe the only way to do this is directly through Mongo, but that is usually not recommended and considered risky, as not going through the UI might cause some issues with various keys that get generated.  Best bet on this one is to contact support@alteryx.com.

jason_scarlett
10 - Fireball

Two years later ... any idea on how to do this. I can't find it in the GUI.

jason_scarlett
10 - Fireball

My solution was to change the owner to myself, then leave the admin interface, find the collection, and delete it.

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

I am new to Alteryx Server and have created collections as an Admin that I want to delete.  I also have found no way to delete these collections.

smysnbrg
8 - Asteroid

I was looking for a way to rename a collection and I found that the solution above provided by @jason_scarlett is what worked for me. "My solution was to change the owner to myself, then leave the admin interface, find the collection, and delete it."

Thanks to @jason_scarlett