Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Changing Workflow constant in Server

ypt
7 - Meteor

Hi there!

Would like to find out if it is possible to change a workflow constant in Server without having to republish the workflow?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

There isn't a way through the user interface. Depending on what you are doing you can build an app to update the workflow.

ypt
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the response.

I'm trying to update a workflow constant in a Formula tool for the month that I'm running the report. e.g. "5" for May and "6" for June. Usually, this requires me to go to 'Workflow' under Configuration window to change the User Workflow Constant. 

1. Could you share how an analytic app can update the workflow that is published in the Server? 

2. Will this automatically update the workflow version in the Server? 

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

I was thinking of you creating an app so the user can change the value each time. If this is not what you want, the only way to change some value on a workflow would be doing it manually and re-uploading it to the Gallery. I can mention that there is a way to update an existing workflow on the Server through another workflow, but this involves the use of Server APIs and editing the workflow XML, which is a complex rout.