Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

How to connect to other data sources from alteryx private studio

sai11
6 - Meteoroid

Hello team,

I have made a app on alteryx designer ,which can take any file on local system, and it can also connect to odbc like i tested ms access using odbc driver.

Now when i save this to company gallery, and run , it only allows me to browse from my local system, it doesnot give option to connect to odbc or other?

Can someone plesase guide me on how to resolve this.

4 REPLIES 4
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Since there isn't an interface tool that helps you set up an ODBC connection, you need to create your own using, let's say, a dropdown. You will need two separate input data tools, each one inside it's own container. One for regular files and another for ODBC, giving the user a list of possible ODBC connections. All of those connections must exist on the Server machine or in the Gallery connections. For the interface you can use radio buttons so the user can select either file or database, and those buttons will enable/disable containers on your workflow.

sai11
6 - Meteoroid

thank you, how do i have to create connections in gallery

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

You need to contact the Gallery admin to do that.

sai11
6 - Meteoroid

Hi gabriel,i will contact admin

I have addded pictures for reference

I have added pictures of my error, on alteryx designer.

My requirement is to browse from alteryx server to odbc connection