Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Building Widgets for Summary of Workflow Schedules

menorah84
5 - Atom

Our team plans on building a dashboard that shows a summary of schedule of all workflows of our Alteryx server for the next few days (maybe 1-2 weeks in advance). This is to enable users to build workflows that minimizes scheduling conflict with other workflows. Please verify my following assumptions and/or suggest better alternative and/or provide tips:

1. I found out that I can access the REST API (GET /admin/v1/schedules/) to get the summary of schedules.

2. I plan on building a widget / custom UI on the Gallery page of our Alteryx displaying the results of the REST API.

3. I will use the HTML GUI SDK of Alteryx.

4. I can call the REST API directly using the JavaScript inside the HTML code. Do I still need to define a tool function (C++ / Python / Alteryx Macro) since I have no need of a back end?

5. Or is there an Alteryx Gallery page somewhere where you can see summary of workflow schedules?

Thanks,

Julius

1 REPLY 1
JessieC
Alteryx
Alteryx

@menorah84 ,

You can see a summary of workflow schedules in the Gallery Admin panel, under Jobs > Scheduled Workflows - https://help.alteryx.com/20193/server/administer/jobs

You can see the interactive documentation for the Gallery API - [your gallery base url]/gallery/api-docs/#admin - there are pre-built clients available to get you started - 

clipboard_image_1.png

An alternative to the REST API is connecting to the MongoDB. The Server Usage Report (https://help.alteryx.com/current/ServerUsageReport.htm) offers a baseline to build custom dashboards. I've seen a Tableau dashboard with a heat map of which hours are crowded with existing schedules to get others to schedule during more off-hours.

clipboard_image_0.png