Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Automatically logged in as service account to Alteryx Gallery

b_emery_777
5 - Atom

Hello,

When I try to log in to our Alteryx server gallery, I am automatically logged in as a service account.  I do not see any way to force that account to be logged out so I can use my credentials.  

The service account is linked to Microsoft 365.  Occasionally, I have logged in to MS 365 with this service account, after doing that, the Alteryx server also defaults to this setting.  I have tried clearing my browser cache but the behavior persists across all browsers.

Any ideas how I can address this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @b_emery_777 

What kind of Auth type is used in the Gallery?

Are you logging into the Gallery through the Server Machine (where the Alteryx Server is installed)?

Cheers,

b_emery_777
5 - Atom

I believe it is using the Windows AD authentication.  And I am using my own laptop which does not have the server installed.

Thank you for the quick response!

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

I'd also like to see a resolution to this.

I have a similar problem. For example: I want to log in with my credentials on a co-worker's machine to quickly demonstrate something to her. But there is no option to do this on the co-worker's machine - by clicking "Sign In" on that machine, the co-worker's credentials are automatically used, and there is no option to enter any other credentials.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Peachyco @b_emery_777 I agree this is annoying. What I've done in the past is to go to where chrome is installed, hold shift + Right click, and then select run as different user. Then I can enter different credentials. Then I can go to our alteryx gallery and it logs me in as that user that I just entered.

patrick_digan_0-1653396522596.png