Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Any way to bulk DISABLE schedules - 2020.4

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

Hi,

As part of a server migration exercise I would like to bulk disable all of the schedules before migrating to the new host.

This will allow me to bring the old host up for side by side comparison without having it run the schedules that are now on the new Gallery.

Is it possible to do this through the API in 2020.4?

I feel I should be able to figure this out but I seem to have a blind spot with APIs :(

Regards,

Paul

6 REPLIES 6
AsmiDesai
9 - Comet

This can be done from Robo3T by querying on top of server MongoDB database for AlteryxServer.

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

Thanks, I wasn't sure that direct manipulation of the MongoDB was supported?

Any idea which value(s) would need to be changed?

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Paul_Holden - You can simply update your Schedules with a simple workflow:

ArtApa_0-1653114463695.png

Useful links:

- https://help.alteryx.com/20204/server/alteryxservice-mongodb-schema

- https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/mongodb

- User Password:

ArtApa_1-1653114611726.png

rfoster7
9 - Comet

HI ArtApa, 

I'm not following from your screenshot how you are mass disabling the schedules with the MongoDB input tool. I see how you are connecting to the localhost mongoDB AS_Scheduled collection, but I don't see how you are changing the enabled value for the schedules. Can you elaborate? This would be very useful for me if I can figure out what I am missing. 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @rfoster7 and everyone arriving on this topic.

Unfortunately, the column to deactivate the schedule is hidden inside the binary column called __ServiceData. While it is possible to parse this column, I would advise since it is a complex process and prone to errors.

Luckily, Alteryx has removed this column from MongoDB and included the Enabled column so it became easier to deactivate all schedules in bulk.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Felix_G
5 - Atom

Has this been added to v2023.xx admins still need a software supported way to stop schedules in bulk