Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Scheduler error

VS
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

My scheduler has stopped working from last couple of days.

I am getting "Unable to connect to the controller XXXX(Computer Name). Please consult the Alteryx Scheduler Faqs."

The only thing i remember is that we had some window updates after which this stopped working.

Not sure if this is related but When going to Manage License option, i am getting warning message " It appears you do not have administrator or Power User Privilege.

Also not able to find the "System Setting" option in the Alteryx?

Any idea?

Thanks

Vikas

8 REPLIES 8
brianprestidge
8 - Asteroid

Hi Vikas

Firstly, "System Settings" is in Options>Advanced Options>System Settings.

You're "It appears you do not have administrator or Power User Privilege" message, should not impact, essentially this is saying that your alteryx designer license is only available for yourself as a logged in user and not others if they were to use the same machine.

As for the "Unable to connect to the controller XXXX(Computer Name). Please consult the Alteryx Scheduler Faqs." message:

My thoughts are that it is first best to check the controller you are using by going to Options>Schedule Workflow and see what controllers you have listed. If this appears to be the correct IP/name for your machine and you are still having problems then it may be worth choosing the "add controller" option and add the Machine Name and Controller token (this is available from system setting on the controller machine). See if this connects to the controller no problem and if so then perhaps any other workflows that are using the previous controller will also need to be moved. If this doesnt connect to the controller then you may need to check with IT admin as to whether the controller machine has changed IP / name.

Let me know how you get on with this and if you have no luck we can look in to it further.

Brian

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

I most often see this because the Alteryx Service is not running, and luckily it is usually an easy fix. Per this article, "launch taskmgr.exe, select the Processes or Details tab (windows 7 and 8, respectively), and select Show processes from all users if the option is available.  If the Server is running correctly, you should see the primary Server process called AlteryxService.exe running". If it is showing but not running, right click to start the service.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
VS
7 - Meteor

Hi Sophia,

Thanks for the reply.

The Alteryxservice is currently in Stop state. When trying to start the service, it is coming back to Stop state after couple of secs.

I have windows 10.

Is there anything which I am missing here?

Thanks

Vikas

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

It seems there is something that is preventing the Service from starting - please contact us at support@alteryx.com and we can look more into the root cause

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
VS
7 - Meteor

Hi Brian,

thanks for detailed reply.

Don't have "System Settings" at the specified path.

I tried connecting my computer as controller but it is giving me error "Unable to connect to controller". Please consult XXX.

Not sure what's wrong here.

Thanks

Vikas

VS
7 - Meteor

Thanks Sophia,

Case # 00156012 created.

Appreciate.

Thanks

Vikas

kpsachino
5 - Atom