Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx MongoDB - Audit Events

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to find audit events for schedules in Alteryx MongoDB?

The Alteryx API documentation was only available for certain entities(workflow, collection, etc.,) and not available for Schedule entities.

https://help.alteryx.com/developer-help/auditlog-endpoint

Regards, 

Ariharan R

8 REPLIES 8
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

You can find information on Schedules within the AlteryxService > AS_Schedules

https://help.alteryx.com/20212/server/alteryxservice-mongodb-schema 

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

HI @gabrielvilella , 

We have already checked it in the As_Schedule MongoDB collection and it contains actual information, not audit information.

Regards, 

Ariharan R

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

I’m not sure what you mean by audit information. I’d you could provide an example. 

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @gabrielvilella , 

An audit log, also called an audit trail, is essentially a record of events and changes.

E.g., If you create a schedule in Gallery, information about the schedule like creation date time, frequency, owner, type, last run, next run, etc. will be updated in MongoDB.
If a user edits or modifies a schedule in the gallery, the edit/updated information is only available in MongoDB. I want to see audit information like old value(before change), new value, operation (update, delete, insert).

Regards, 

Ariharan R

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

We dump each MongoDB Schema to a YXDB Weekly.  One Schema is Schedules.  There is a field in the extract that is Binary JSON Format.  I found a tool in the community that extracts the BSON field - can't find that post - but thanks to who put it out there.  Here's a sample of the field:

TimN_0-1667656228732.png

So I can query the extracted yxdb like this:

TimN_1-1667656303173.png

Attached is the WF so you can copy the Debug Print tool.

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @TimN , 

I think the same MongoDB information is only available in the BSON/JSON file. 

If a user edits or modifies a existing schedule in the gallery UI page, the edit/updated information is not updated in the Alteryx Gallery & Service logs. I want to see updated audit information like old value (before change), new value, Type of operation (update, delete, insert).

Regards, 
Ariharan R

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @Ariharan !

I don't believe Alteryx stores that log in the way you would like. There in the Gallery logs you can find the change requests, but not exactly which change was made.

There in the AS_Schedules collection you can find some relevant information about the schedules like discussed here before, but also not exactly what you want. Since that looks like a product gap for me, you could develop a workflow to fill that gap.

You could build a table in a database that you have, storing daily statements of that schedule. Using the LastModifiedId, LastModifiedDate, Frequency and Enabled fields from this collection, you be able to track by yourself any changes. I know that's not the solution you desired, but at least can be a path to you don't miss any changes in your environment

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Here is a link to a similar discussion with the WF that can capture the data.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/history-of-workflow-schedule-changes-on-...