Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Gallery App Sorting Issues

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

Hi!

Has anyone noticed any sorting issues within the Alteryx Gallery? There is a display button in the top right corner'ish that allows you to view the gallery apps in a list view, showing certain fields:

2.jpg

In this view, I've noticed that if you sort on the Times Run section, it doesn't actual sort lowest to highest or highest to lowest, not sure what it's going by:

1.JPG

Has this been reported as a bug yet?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hey @Eli_B ,

I just checked mine and didn't get the same issue, so it might be version related.

jamielaird_0-1613673304931.png

Here's what version I'm on:

jamielaird_1-1613673326470.png

Sometimes bugs like this relate to the browser you're using (since the sorting often happens in the browser itself) so you might want to try using a few different browsers and see if you get the same result.

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Funnily enough there are some comments in the Gallery code relating to the way this table displays and sorts that mention older browsers not being supported, which makes me think it probably is browser-related.

jamielaird_0-1613673605918.png

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

Thanks for the reply!

I thought that might be it, my Edge install needed an update, which I did. Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the issue. I also tried on current release Chrome & IE, same issue across the board. We are usually a little behind on server updates, we are currently on 2020.3, maybe one of the more recent updates fixed this. Not a big deal anyway, just something I noticed.

Cheers!

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

Hi!

I also noticed that when I sort on the age of the app, the sort works as it should. So it's only messing up the sort for number of views. I thought maybe it was a "string" sort but that's not even displaying correctly if that was the case. I've tried all web browsers, cleared my cache, leaning towards this being a bug.