Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Gallery User does not load in Gallery Admin

DY1
7 - Meteor

We have a user account that is failing to load or update it's Role when accessing it via the Gallery Admin pages.  The account does not have a last name in AD which i think may be causing a problem as the account has logged into Gallery but the name is appearing as "Firstname null".  Has anyone else had this issue?  Is there a way to resync the account names from AD once setup in Alteryx Gallery?

we are running Server  2020.3.4

thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
DY1
7 - Meteor

In case anyone else has this issue, it was the blank last name field that was causing the issue.  This was resolved by updating the field directly in the mongodb.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi!

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

In your specific case, adding a last name in Mongo worked, but you could also have added a last name in AD.

Thank you!

Dan

Vachanala
5 - Atom

I am having a similar issue, where couple of users have null Lastnames or FirstNames and am unable to edit their User profiles from Admin Page. This is blocking to enable users to schedule their workflows. 

I have updated the user's last name in Active Directory, but still after logoff and logon by users, am unable to open their User details from Admin page. Any help to resolve this issue, with out doing Mongo DB updates.

DY1
7 - Meteor

I also tried updating AD before going down the mongo db route but it did not update the records in Alteryx.  Updating the Mongo db directly was the only way I was able to fix the accounts.