Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Update a record in a table if the workflow encounters an error

Brinker
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a macros that loads stored procedures into staging and then loads it from staging to ods. I do some mapping checks with the fields in ods and staging, if there is an issue I create an error with the message tool.

I am trying to make the load more robust, if there is an issue with the mapping and I get an error it needs to go and update the Load_Flag in the DB to 0 so if I rerun the workflow it won't load that stored procedure and the batch can continue.

The excel file is the input for the macros, where I get the name of the proc and the load_flag. It is actually a sql table and not a excel file. 

Brinker_0-1655218482721.png

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Brinker if I am understanding correctly, you could use an Output Data tool to update the table in SQL Server after your Formula tool. If the workflow re-runs, it would run a new query against the table and capture the updates made in the previous run.

Brinker
8 - Asteroid

@MatthewOyes that is what I am trying to achive. I moved the formula down the the workflow and it achived the result I wanted, thank you.

Labels