Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Table, Layout, and Render tool can't handle large data sets? Excel error

calvinwong
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Has anyone have an issue with using Table, Layout, and Render tool with large dataset (10,000+ rows and maybe 20 columns)? I was able to run the workflow, however, when I open up the excel, it will say that "we found a problem with some content in "file name.xlsx". Do you want to recover as much as we can? ...." After I select yes, some of the words will get cut off. Like column header "Account #", will show up as "Acco #".

4 REPLIES 4
tcroberts
12 - Quasar

Are you relying on Excel functionality for anything in your output data?

I'm not sure what's causing that, but to debug you could try and write it to a .csv file instead, and then open that .csv up in Excel.

Let me know if this helps,

Cheers!

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

@calvinwong,

Sometimes you have to play around with the column width in the table tool to make sure its not getting cut off. Another thing to try in the render tool - increase the paper size to something much larger say 20x30. 

Let me know how it goes!

Amelia

calvinwong
7 - Meteor

@AmeliaG,

Thanks, Amelia. I have to fix the render paper size and everything worked. 

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

@calvinwong I'm happy to hear it!

Labels