Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

STOPPING DATA SET AFTER A CERTAIN DATE

tomtingley
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible, but it would be amazing if you could create a workflow with the attached data set, ending the data for each row when the 'End Date' is and only starting from when the 'Start Date' is.

For example, in the first line, the 'End Date' is 31st December 2024, so I don't want to see any numbers on the row after that date.

Another example, in the second line, the 'Start Date' is 30th September 2023 and the 'End Date' is 1st October 2025, so I only want to show values for between those dates.

If anyone could solve this, that would be amazing! I've highlighted the relevant 'Start Date' and 'End Date' columns.

Thanks,

Tom

13 REPLIES 13
tomtingley
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs @Qiu - Is it possible to use the attached file to create workflow where any values outside the 'Start Date' and 'End Date' range would have the word 'OUT' written in them?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@tomtingley in the last workflow the flag 0 records from the filter tool are the OUT records, they don’t satisfy the given conditions 

tomtingley
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs Thanks! This makes sense

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@tomtingley If you are running your latest file with the workflow you need to adjust the formula in the formula tool for the field Date

just add - instead of space in the last part %b-%y instead of %b % y

your latest date has the format MMM-YY

let me know if you face any issues 

Labels