Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reporting Tool: Multiple tabs in one excel file

mp2624
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I have a workflow where the output should be one excel file with multiple tabs. Each tab represents different companies. All tabs should have the same formatting.

So far I have only managed to get either:

a) one big excel sheet with all the tables stacked ; or

b) output all tabs as separate excel files.

The only way I have been able to get multiple tabs in one excel file is through the output tool, but then I loose all the formatting I need that comes with the reporting tool. 

6 REPLIES 6
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @mp2624 ,

Here I share you the way I do it:

Untitled.png

You have to configure first each table. Then add a formula tool with the variable 'Name' (I like to use this to select them). Give there the name you would like for each tab to have.

Untitled2.png

After configure the layout as I show you here.

This is the way I do it and it works for me :)

Cheers

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

@afv2688 

You got there so quick that I actually linked back to this post!!

Well done you :)

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

This was very helpful.  Is there a way for the width of the tabs to be different from each other?  In my case I have 3 tabs that I'm outputting.  2 of them are very wide (about 22 inches);  the 3rd tab is a summary report that only needs to be 11 inches wide.   

It seems like no matter how much I fiddle with the report table settings,  my 3rd tab is stretched out to meet the paper size that I set of 22 inches.

emilyforeman
7 - Meteor

@afv2688 this solution is awesome, thanks! 

Is there anyway to name the sheet names with this method when outputting to excel? 
For example, if I have 2 tables unioned and rendered to excel, right now the excel file shows 'sheet1', 'sheet2' whereas I would like to have those automatically be renamed 

Link86
8 - Asteroid

Following this overall works, but the output is corrupted on some of the tabs when being opened in excel. How could this be prevented?

Labels