Given that the official answer really isn't an answer at all.
Here's a possible solution for Windows (and how I got it to work on my system)
!! Warning : playing around with your system variables may break program from working correctly in your system if changed inappropriately, proceed at your own risk
- Go to Oracle website and download the 64 bit or 32 bit Oracle Instant client (depending version of Alteryx you are using)
- Unzip the instant client somewhere on your system that you can easily find
- Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced system Settings -> Environment Variables
- Go to system variables section
- Find variable called "Path"
- Replace the entry pointing to your 32 bit client with the location of your new one (alternatively, if you have no entry pointing to an instant client, then add a new entry at the end
-- (each entry ends with a semi colon ;)
PS. Best to save your old path variable text somewhere before making changes; just in case you need to restore it
All the best