Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with excel output missing some data

christopher_ontkean
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have a workflow that outputs to an excel file that is missing cells of data. While error checking a process in my workflow, I realized that a few data points were not getting written into the excel file. Unfortunately, I can't share too much due to privacy but I can share this comparison screen shot of the results for the output data viewer in Alteryx and the Excel file itself.

See Record # 94

christopher_ontkean_0-1668139384462.png

christopher_ontkean_1-1668139432266.png

As you can see, there should be data in the column highlighted in red from excel. There are a few instances of this. Any idea what is causing the disconnect between Alteryx and writing to the excel sheet?

FYI: the file save setting is set to overwrite and I make sure that the excel file is closed before running this output.

2 REPLIES 2
christopher_ontkean
8 - Asteroid

Update:

I didn't realize this but there is a field conversion error on the output for the data that I am missing. Suggestions on how to remedy this? The column in question is a date column.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @christopher_ontkean , You can resolve this by changing its datatype to V_String from Date. Here is the update:

Error:

grazitti_sapna_0-1668144922508.png

Resolution:

grazitti_sapna_1-1668145020648.png

Sapna Gupta
Labels