Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with excel output missing some data

christopher_ontkean
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have a workflow that outputs to an excel file that is missing cells of data. While error checking a process in my workflow, I realized that a few data points were not getting written into the excel file. Unfortunately, I can't share too much due to privacy but I can share this comparison screen shot of the results for the output data viewer in Alteryx and the Excel file itself.

See Record # 94

christopher_ontkean_0-1668139384462.png

christopher_ontkean_1-1668139432266.png

As you can see, there should be data in the column highlighted in red from excel. There are a few instances of this. Any idea what is causing the disconnect between Alteryx and writing to the excel sheet?

FYI: the file save setting is set to overwrite and I make sure that the excel file is closed before running this output.

2 REPLIES 2
christopher_ontkean
8 - Asteroid

Update:

I didn't realize this but there is a field conversion error on the output for the data that I am missing. Suggestions on how to remedy this? The column in question is a date column.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @christopher_ontkean , You can resolve this by changing its datatype to V_String from Date. Here is the update:

Error:

grazitti_sapna_0-1668144922508.png

Resolution:

grazitti_sapna_1-1668145020648.png

Sapna Gupta
Labels