Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Check

Adarsh_R3
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone happy new year!

I have two data files which I need to compare the values of the column "Name". Is it possible to get output using a tool that compares the values of the column and says which values are missing from the data (Raw Data) w.r.t  Check file? 

Thanks in advance and please let me know if you need any more details. 

4 REPLIES 4
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @Adarsh_R3 

I only saw a data input file - not sure if it is because my version is lower than yours.

In principle, the use case you describe is possible with the Join Tool, which gives 3 outputs:

- L: those that only exist in Left inputs

- J: those that exist in both Left and Right inputs

- R: those that exist in Right inputs only.

If you want to check with data is missing from the Raw data wrt to the "check file", then:

- Connect Raw File to L

- Connect Check File to R

- Select the Join settings based on the criteria that you need to check.

The data that is missing from the Raw File = those that exist in R but not in L >>> they are shown in your R output.

If you are not familiar with the Join Tool already, you may find these two interactive lessons helpful: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Joining-Data/ta-p/76634

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/VLookUps-with-Designer/ta-p/80201

Dawn.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Adarsh_R3 
@DawnDuong has provided a detailed approach, and let me just elaborate it with an example.

0101-Adarsh_R3.PNG

Adarsh_R3
8 - Asteroid

Hi guys, @DawnDuong @Qiu  thanks a lot for explaining. I was building an Alteryx app and when this use case came I totally forgot about the join tool. I feel really dumb 😂 to ask this question.

Nevertheless thanks a lot guys for your input and for being patient with my question. 🙏

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Adarsh_R3 
We all have that  moment. 😁

Labels