Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Crew Macro - Conditional Runner

changje2
6 - Meteoroid

Hello - I'm trying to use the crew macro's "Conditional Runner" tool so that upon the successful completion of one workflow, another workflow is triggered to run afterwards. The workflows I want to run are in a directory, so I used the directory tool as the input.

I'm not sure how to set this up and I keep running into errors.

Also, is there a way to choose the order in which the workflows are run?

changje2_0-1574190650668.png

changje2_1-1574190690106.png

8 REPLIES 8
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

The conditional runner macro works by running a workflow if the tool receives records

conditional runner.png

I think you want to use the List Runner instead

List Runner.png

Or if you need the conditional component, you should add additional runner macros after the conditional runner

changje2
6 - Meteoroid

Hi - Thanks for your response.

Then should it be:

Directory -> List Runner -> Conditional Runner -> Runner ?

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

If you just need to run a bunch of workflows you could do Directory -> List Runner

Alternatively if you only want to kick off workflows if there is a condition that passes records through upstream, you would have the workflow, then a conditional runner, then another runner for each subsequent workflow to execute. 

changje2
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you!

Bhawna1
5 - Atom

Hi

Is it possible to use List runner with a condition? 

Like I want to run all the workflows(one by one) but the next workflow should not run if the there's an error in the previous workflow.

P.S - I don't want to use multiple conditional runners

Thanks

Michael_Draper
7 - Meteor

@Bhawna1 It looks like the list runner has an option for "Stop running modules if a module fails" which would do what you are asking, I believe.

ScottG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I would suggest rolling up each workflow into a Batch Macro instead and then linking the macros together in a parent workflow.  This has the added benefit that they will be supported on Alteryx Server so they wouldn't have to be modified if they are ever published to a private Gallery.  The CReW Runner Macros are only supported in Designer. 

Scott Gurney
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
juandiegocuervo
6 - Meteoroid

It is not quite correct. Macros crew can be installed on the server

Labels