Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Crew Macro - Conditional Runner

changje2
6 - Meteoroid

Hello - I'm trying to use the crew macro's "Conditional Runner" tool so that upon the successful completion of one workflow, another workflow is triggered to run afterwards. The workflows I want to run are in a directory, so I used the directory tool as the input.

I'm not sure how to set this up and I keep running into errors.

Also, is there a way to choose the order in which the workflows are run?

changje2_0-1574190650668.png

changje2_1-1574190690106.png

8 REPLIES 8
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

The conditional runner macro works by running a workflow if the tool receives records

conditional runner.png

I think you want to use the List Runner instead

List Runner.png

Or if you need the conditional component, you should add additional runner macros after the conditional runner

changje2
6 - Meteoroid

Hi - Thanks for your response.

Then should it be:

Directory -> List Runner -> Conditional Runner -> Runner ?

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

If you just need to run a bunch of workflows you could do Directory -> List Runner

Alternatively if you only want to kick off workflows if there is a condition that passes records through upstream, you would have the workflow, then a conditional runner, then another runner for each subsequent workflow to execute. 

changje2
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you!

Bhawna1
5 - Atom

Hi

Is it possible to use List runner with a condition? 

Like I want to run all the workflows(one by one) but the next workflow should not run if the there's an error in the previous workflow.

P.S - I don't want to use multiple conditional runners

Thanks

Michael_Draper
7 - Meteor

@Bhawna1 It looks like the list runner has an option for "Stop running modules if a module fails" which would do what you are asking, I believe.

ScottG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I would suggest rolling up each workflow into a Batch Macro instead and then linking the macros together in a parent workflow.  This has the added benefit that they will be supported on Alteryx Server so they wouldn't have to be modified if they are ever published to a private Gallery.  The CReW Runner Macros are only supported in Designer. 

Scott Gurney
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
juandiegocuervo
6 - Meteoroid

It is not quite correct. Macros crew can be installed on the server

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels