Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copy Field and create two mor fields with it

Rico_Widmayer
6 - Meteoroid

Hi community :) 

I am facing an issue I could not solve so far. 

I am trying to find a dynamic way to copy existing fields in a specific structure. 

Input: I have a file that contains two fields with "Name" and "Status". After that some values are followed, whereas the field names are monthly dates. Those values are quarterly values and therefore only available in January, April, July, October. I would like to fille the empty fields of e.g. February and March with the Janaury values. May and June with the April values etc.

NameStatus01.01.202201.02.202201.03.2022
JonReady100should be "100"should be "100"
TobyReady200should be "200"...
JakeReady123should be "123"...

I could solve it via formula tool. The problem is I am having a range from January 2000 until December 2032. And those dates are changing every year (start will for example change to January 2001). Only the general strcuture stays consistent: It always starts with the field containing a value and is followed by two empty fields that should contain the same value. 

4 REPLIES 4
KSowers
Alteryx
Alteryx

This should work for you. If this works, please mark as a solution! If not, let me know how we can edit it!

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Rico_Widmayer 

One way of doing this

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1672239056159.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Rico_Widmayer , The transform tools will do the magic and provide you the desired resultset. I have shared the workflow on the input you have provided. Let me know if you need any other help.

Sapna Gupta
RogerS
Alteryx
Alteryx

the attach workflow will do this dynamically and fill in the missing fields.  Please accept as solution if this works.

Labels