Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can we use InDB Tools with Interface

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Hello,

Is it possible to use InDB with Interface.

2 REPLIES 2
taylor_butler
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @rohit782192 -

It is possible to create an analytic app with in-database tools. See below for a basic example workflow that allows the end-user to dynamically update the in-db filter tool with a drop-down. 

taylor_butler_0-1657200152493.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@taylor_butler- I do not believe this is always the case. I believe you can use an interface tool with a connect-in-db tool - and can edit a query there. You can also use an interface tool with Datastream-In (I do all the time).

I do not believe an interface tool will correctly work with Formula In-DB/Summarize In-DB or Filter In-DB. This may be DB specific but when I experimented with it - I found that this did not work.

In-DB tools do not process data per se - they generate SQL which is fed to the server. I believe that unless you are dealing with a join/union - the formula or summarize are basically executed at the same time as the initial query - the interface tool cannot update what has already been sent to the DB so it will not work.

Labels