Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Best Practices for Alteryx Use

Rob48
8 - Asteroid

Is anyone aware of any thread, documentation or other source of information regarding best practices for maintaining controls when using Alteryx?  My company needs to develop comprehensive set of standards to follow when integrating Alteryx into our desk procedures, similar to guidelines we have for spreadsheet controls as relating to Excel use so i'm looking for some resources to reference. 

As an example, another dept at my work has a policy, "all workflows that run automatically MUST have a rule to send an email notification if the workflow doesn't complete or runs with an error."  I'm looking for more input along these lines to create company-wide policy.

Thanks for any direction anyone can provide. 

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

For Best Practices - Attached are some notes and documents I've collected over the past few months

Some of the notes discuss automated monitoring of log files, which may address your need.

You can write a workflow to open each yxmd file and ensure an email tool is included.  See this post about searching for    <Node ToolID=      https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Count-of-Tools-used-in-workflow/m-p/36...

Chris

Rob48
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Chris, there's some good stuff in here.  Appreciate your input.

I'm still compiling sources for this project so if anyone else has something to share i'd love to see it!

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi Chris,

Thank you for those materials they are super useful. 

Do you have some additional files like this that you could share with the community?

Emil 

Labels