Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

API Download Tool Error transferring data: SSL connect error

lipster26
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I'm getting Error transferring data: SSL connect error when using the Download tool to call to an API. I just upgraded to 2022.1. I reinstalled 2021.4 and it worked on that version. I've also verified the keys/client Id work on Postman. Any ideas what changed in the upgrade?

lipster26_0-1655919783523.png

Thanks.

36 REPLIES 36
KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @lipster26 ,

If you verified this error for version 2022.1 and it works on 2021.4, please reach out to support to let them know about it. They will investigate if this needs to be fixed or if it is expected behavior. 

You can submit your case here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Support/bd-p/SupportPage

glenebb
7 - Meteor

Was a fix found for this? I too have upgraded to 2022.1 and am seeing the same SSL connect error

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Have you turned off AMP? Sure AMP has nothing to do with an SSL certificate but it also tends to be a bit unstable.

lipster26
7 - Meteor

Still having the issue and I just tried with the newer designer version.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Newer designer is more likely to have AMP - which you don't want to be using. What happens if you try curling wherever you are trying to reach directly from a command prompt? do you get an error?

EdP
Alteryx
Alteryx

Defect GCSE-641 relates to an issue in 2022.1 in which fewer Cipher Suites are sent from the 2022.1 Download Tool than in past versions, leading to an SSL handshake failure.

Ed Phelps
Sr CSE
Alteryx
DominiqueCap
5 - Atom

Is there any update on the fix for this error? It is hugely frustrating! I am having to rerun my Workflow multiple times which is suboptimal.

dvortsis
5 - Atom

I'm having the same issue with Version: 2022.1.1.40869 Patch: 2. What is the issue's status please?

I didn't experience issue while on 2021.4

EdP
Alteryx
Alteryx

@DominiqueCap @dvortsis 

In 2022.1, Alteryx updated the versions of OpenSSL and LibCurl. This upgrade closed out vulnerabilities found in SSL including CVE-2009-3555. This vulnerability refers to a server that does not properly associate renegotiation handshakes with an existing connection, which allows man-in-the-middle attackers to insert data into HTTPS sessions, and possibly other types of sessions protected by TLS or SSL.

You can contact the site you wish to access to verify the site has been patched against CVE-2009-3555 and that their server(s) are upgraded to support RFC 5746.

If the site is not updating its support for RFC 5746 and you (and your IT) are not concerned with the additional security the newer standards include, please open a case and ask for me (Ed Phelps) and I can provide information on forcing access to these less secure sites.

Ed Phelps
Sr CSE
Alteryx
Labels