Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

workflow dependencies is not using connection name

d1miller99
7 - Meteor

After selecting a database connection we already established in server (system connection),  Workflow Dependencies is using an internal ID instead of the connection name we established .  Is there a way to have it show the connection name like it would if I had made the connection locally in workflow dependencies?

For security, I have changed the text in the aka field to some dummy id - but it shows what is happening

d1miller99_0-1664217974875.png

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@d1miller99 , what is the main reason you need the name of the connection in that properties section?

What value does it provide to you and your users?

I don't believe that field can display the connection name because you are using a Data Connection from the Gallery.  But I am double checking on my side.

Another potential solution for you can be to use DCM to manage/share data sources/credentials for runs on the Server. 

Check out this article: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/What-is-Alteryx-Data-Connection-Manager/ba-p/983826 

If this resolves your issue, please mark this post as a solution so that other's in the community can benefit from our collaboration. 

Thanks. 

AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@d1miller99 , this is also a very helpful article that outlines the differences in connection types.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Tell-a-Database-Connection-T...

This should provide more context for you as well. 

In short, that internal ID is necessary to reference what is in the mongoDB of the Server and this internal ID cannot be changed/updated.

Please mark this post as the solution if this resolves your issue so that other's in the community can benefit from our collaboration. 

Thanks. 

d1miller99
7 - Meteor

Thank you, Andrew for your help! I will definitely look at those articles.

Labels