Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

select workflows with drop down using command prompt or BAT

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Hi

I'm looking to create an analytical App where user can select from drop down of workflows created,

for ex: select segment is selected from drop down only that workflow results should be displayed along with interface options used in that workflow, for select segment I have drop down where user can select different types of segments

so once if I select segment , segment results along with interface options or results for that particular segment should be shown.

I think this result can be achieved with command prompt tool

Sample dataset has been attached please check.

13 REPLIES 13
kboeckholt
7 - Meteor

Hi @BRRLL99 

Command prompt would work but I would recommend using the Blob Input tool to copy the file selected in App #1 and then use the Blob Output to paste that file in the location that you have chosen for the next app in the chain. See below and attached.

kboeckholt_0-1677083280852.pngkboeckholt_1-1677083333916.png

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

I just need the selected workflow to run along with interface tools with it

no need to save the file

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

In Blob input tool:

cannot access file

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

I'm trying to figure out if I can launch a pre-built Alteryx workflow without launching the Designer

kboeckholt
7 - Meteor

@BRRLL99 You may need to provide more details on your use case and what you're trying to do. The solution provided above will allow the user to select the workflow they would like to run and then launch that next workflow (pre-built) as an analytic app (with interface tools available for the user).

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Imagine if i "select ship mode" and press finish as shown below

BRRLL99_0-1677169353786.png

then it should open "select ship mode"

BRRLL99_1-1677169354044.png

both of them should open in app itself

kboeckholt
7 - Meteor

Got it - the solution I provided will do that. Here's a slightly modified version that should show how this will work for you. Just make sure to unzip the file so the blob tool can access the next workflow.

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

why this error

please let me know

BRRLL99_0-1677170337395.png

kboeckholt
7 - Meteor

You'll want to run the workflow as an app by pressing the magic wand kboeckholt_0-1677170462862.png or selecting the app directly in the file explorer.

Labels