Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"Parse Error at char (n): Unknown variable..." Macro Error, No Error Workflow

joesparty
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am confused what I'm doing wrong that would cause an error when converting a workflow to a batch macro.

I have a workflow that produces the expected results without errors:

view_1.png

I've converted the workflow to a batch macro.  When I call the batch macro it can't find the field "member", however in the previous screen shot member is defined and there are no issues with the formula tool #33.  What would be causing this error message?

view_2.png

Cheers

25 REPLIES 25
DataNath
17 - Castor

@joesparty as you’re passing the filepath to the control parameter, this will run a loop of the macro for each of your filepaths i.e. bringing in one at a time so it should work.

joesparty
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath is there a way to pass multiple filepaths to different control parameters?

DataNath
17 - Castor

What would be the purpose? You can have the stream going to as many control parameter/macros as you like. I thought the purpose was to run all suitable files through and append them together but maybe I’ve misunderstood.

joesparty
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath I appreciate your time and feedback, so I'll try to give a visual example of the issue.

1. In the screen shot I have a filter for 1 of the 8 files to process
    view0.png
  2. In the screen shot this workflow is using the File 1 Fullpath, the Input Data imports only File 1.  This works as expected.
    file_00.png
  3. How do I pass a filter for File 2 to the macro so that the Input Data imports only File 2, not File 1, 3-8?
    2022-07-08_13-46-54.png
    2022-07-08_13-52-14--------.png
DataNath
17 - Castor

I think this would be best done by another batch macro, where you pass a list of eligible filepaths to the filter via a control parameter and then within that they run through the other. That way, the macro will run an instance for each of the filepaths without you having to add extra filters or do a load of runs, changing the filter value each time.

joesparty
8 - Asteroid

Great, will give it a try!

Labels