Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Tile & Output Question

lac
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Hoping the community might be able to help ease my mind. I am using tiles to separate output into multiple excel tabs. I noticed in one of my files, the numbering of the tabs skips sometimes from like 1 to 3 to 4 to 9 then goes back to normal sequence of each tab increasing by one . 9,10,11,12,13,, etc. What I'm trying to figure out is why it is skipping numbers sometimes. Why wouldn't this output tabs be sequential from start to finish?. e.g., 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

see below 

This is what my output file looks like. The tab numbers are inconsistent. I'm only concerned because of potential of lost data.

lac_0-1657279742271.png

Thank you,

Lisa

1 REPLY 1
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @lac - A sample workflow with data would help. However, I assume that you may have the AMP engine switched on:

ArtApa_0-1657328842817.png

Alteryx Multi-threaded Processing (AMP) is a new architecture of the Alteryx engine. As the name implies, AMP is a multi-threaded concept of processing your data in parallel packets. In contrast, the original engine architecture processes your data record-by-record and sequentially to run a workflow.

Saying that AMP does not care about the order of your records and may output them to your Excel pretty much in random order.

Labels