Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

parsing pdf or doc files

Keerthana_Adamana
6 - Meteoroid

hi,

I would like to parse a folder which contains both pdf and doc file types(for resume parsing). Is there any way i can achieve?

2 REPLIES 2
bertal34
9 - Comet

@Keerthana_Adamana 

PDF parsing will require an AIS license which includes the Computer Vision tools. For ms word documents, check out the thread below.  I was able to take the "Docx Input" macro from @RogerS and tweak it for my use case.  To input multiple docx files, you can place this macro inside of a batch macro allowing you to feed in multiple file paths and output data from all files.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Input-Data-from-Word-document-...

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

To add onto @bertal34 's note, if you don't have the Intelligence Suite tools then there's a macro that leverages R to read in PDFs on the Community: PDF Input - Alteryx Community

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels