Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

how to Create view in SAP HANA using Alteryx

rama533
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Could any one tell me how to create view in SAP HANA using Alteryx, I have written one view in "POST create sql statement " option in Out put data tool .

Query is

CREATE VIEW vwICMAwarding
AS
SELECT
t.[SysId],
t.[Status],
t.[ModifiedDate],  etc..

I am getting this error

Error: Output Data (15): Error running PostSQL on "PHV_TEC.vw_bTest": [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] Syntax error or access violation;257 sql syntax error: incorrect syntax near "[": line 5 col 5 (at pos 45)[SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] General error;-10210 Invalid command state (No prepared SQL command)

2 REPLIES 2
IAJ1966
7 - Meteor

Hi @rama533  - As you're connecting to an SAP system, the easiest way to get to the data you need is via the add-in software from DVW Analytics.

We connect to pretty much any object in a SAP HANA system via the application layer from directly within Designer, which makes it safe and easy to use, without the need to code!

Try it for free using the link below.  Let me know when/if you register and I'll be sure to get you assistance from our support team on your specific use cases.

https://www.dvwanalytics.com/free-trial.html

Best Regards

Ian

ceisenhour
5 - Atom

I believe that there is simply a syntax error with the query. 

Labels