Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

entering values in different columns

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi team. I have 5 columns with numeric values..... I want to give user values in those 5 columns..... Here if I want to give value for one column the remaining columns should have the values that is coming from the input data. 

Please advise

13 REPLIES 13
ctrl_kudorje
8 - Asteroid

Hello - This sounds like you need your users to provide their input value. You can achieve this through App. Holding in Alteryx or could also have the user being in a spreadsheet as their reference/input value. How does that sound for a possible solution. There are many ways this can be achieved, just need to understand from you how interactive and sophisticated you want to make this workflow. 

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi,@Inactive User 

At first, maybe you can give a data form table both input and output.

Inactive User
Not applicable

Sure, I will come up with the data. Thank you so much. 

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi team here is the data. 

In this data, I have 5 columns.... If I want to give value for one column the remaining columns should remain same with the original  values. Please adise

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Inactive User are you looking for something like below, i only added two numeric drop down

binuacs_0-1657693350814.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

Yes @binuacs but if I change the 1st column then the 2nd column data should be the orignal one. I dont want to change the 2nd column value.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Inactive User If you give the numeric dropdown for each fields then the connect fields values will get affect, if you don't want to change any other fields then you have to reduce your input option. In this scenario if you don't want the second column values to change you need to remove the dropdown tool which is connected to that tool. 

Inactive User
Not applicable

I mean lets say I have A, B, C, D columns ,,, formula segregated columns are E and F ......So if I change any value in ABCD column then E and F columns will get effect that is absolutely fine. 

so here If

A has 4

B has 5

C has 6

D has 7

I just want to give user value only to column A .

WHile giving user value to A, the remaing BCD column values shouldnt change 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Inactive User question in real scnario how many options you are going to give to the user to enter the value? I mean to say there will be only one option for the user to enter the value like above  (only for column  A) or can be either A or B or C or D?

Labels