Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

date time format change

Zenani
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone I am trying to convert my date from 2020-02-07 09:31 to Aug-15-2016 00:00:00

I have tried Date Time Format([Date Time_Out],"%h-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S") and Date Time Parse([Date Time_Out],"%h-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S") but i keep getting a conversion error stating:  Formula (5) Date Time_Out: "Jan-07-2020 09:29:00" is not a valid Date Time

(please ignore the spaces in my formula i put them to get rid of the error message when uploading my query)

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Zenani,

Alteryx only accepts 2020-02-07 09:31 (yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM-SS) as a date time format, the other formats can be set as V_Strings or VW Strings if you want for visibility

I would recommend you to keep both columns for your whole analysis if you want and later post only the one you need.

I am sorry but there is no other way around for that if you want to keep them as a date.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Zenani,

You could use:

DateTimeFormat(DateTimeParse([Date],'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M'), '%b-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S') 

As @afv2688 has said it is only possible to store the date in this format as a string so if you need to use date attributes you won't be able to go down this route. It's done to remove the ambiguity when reading a date. 

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Jonathan

Zenani
8 - Asteroid

Hi Jonathan

thank you! this solves my problem 

I will leave column format as VW_String

Amritanshu
5 - Atom

Thanks Jonathan, saved the day..

Labels