Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

__cloud:UserID pulling null values

cklint
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone, I am looking to get a simple __cloud:UserID workflow to work, would anyone have any input as to what is going wrong in this test?

In this case, I would expect it to replace the * with the UserID values, but instead when I run it, I am getting null values.

The idea is this is saved to the server, run off there, and then the output preview would show the __cloud:UserID value.

Any ideas?

image.png

image.png
Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Raj
16 - Nebula

@cklint Not able to open the workflow
can you please add a snip of Action tool configuration.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Presumably this "__cloud:UserID" method only works on server, and won't work locally. Did you try it on server?

jdminton
12 - Quasar

I agree with @PhilipMannering . Also, many systems treat a * as a wildcard. I would set the default as something or unique to prevent any issues there.

cklint
7 - Meteor

Yes, this is loaded to the server and run off the server, the outputs I get off the server are blank however.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Try a lower case "d" (i.e. __cloud:UserId )

cklint
7 - Meteor

I tried a different default but it made no difference, it gets filled with a null value.

cklint
7 - Meteor

@Raj Try dragging and dropping it directly into the Alteryx program

cklint
7 - Meteor

@PhilipMannering Unfortunately doesn't help, same results.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Can you send the screen-shotted part of the workflow?

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels