Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

% change on the table

rively90
8 - Asteroid

Hi! I wonder if we can create a % change on the table. I'd like to make a % change from current to past stocks that they hold. I wonder how I do that. The problem with my data is the transaction that occurs vary. Sometimes, it occurs every quarter while some every year. That's why I'd like to make a % change based on the previous transaction and not quarter. I appreciate any help, please. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@rively90 
First of all, I think it is not practical to use 10+ input tools then join them. 😁
maybe we can try something like this.
I am still facing some minor issues, and will look into it further.

JSutantoBerkshireAlteryx-r1.PNG

JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@rively90 

Hi, you can use sort + multi row-formula

JarekSkudrzyk_0-1647928112432.png

rively90
8 - Asteroid

Hi! thank you for trying! I'll accept the suggestion for my future reference.

rively90
8 - Asteroid

thank you so much!

JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@rively90 

please consider marking one of our answers as solution - it will be appreciated!

thanks

rively90
8 - Asteroid

done. thanks!

rively90
8 - Asteroid

@JarekSkudrzyk  Hi Jarek! If I want to find % change in Sum_SHRS or PRNT AMT. Is the formula like this:

(([Sum_SHRS or PRN AMT]/[Row-1:Sum_SHRS or PRN AMT])-1)*100

The problem is I only have data starting from 2019 Q1

Some of % the columns do not make sense. They suppose to be 0%, but they have %, For example, in columns 7, Activision Blizzard is supposed to be 0%, not 383.2%. Any advice for this? I might be wrong for the formula.

Also, for the price change, if you look at the columns 148 Delta Airlines. It's supposed to be 0, not 54.6%.

EDIT: OH NVM. I forgot to click  the group by title of class and name of issuer. we are good! 

Labels