Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

XML Parse from download tool help!

jonathan_lyon
6 - Meteoroid

Team,

I am hoping you guys can help me out. I am trying to parse XML data from a feed for our fleet tracking system. I am able to get all of the data i need except the data contact in the <landmark> field. If i return out XML and select the cell i can see there is data within it, however, i am not able to parse it into columns. I have attached my workflow. Looking forward to your help! 

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jonathan_lyon 

I think I've got this figured out for you. Since there was a part of XML that wasn't being correctly parsed from the first operation, I kept the first operation in place so the record structure was in place, but added the OuterXML output so I could analyze again following that first XML parse tool. Using a second XML parse tool, I looked at the OuterXML of that line (again, to keep records organized) and specifically parsed on the "landmark' child name. 

Once the landmark fields were parsed, I added a prefix to keep them separate from the other fields and deselected what was no longer necessary. Check out the attached example and let me know if that works for you.

20200616-XMLParseGPS.PNG

jonathan_lyon
6 - Meteoroid

Charlie,

Awesome! Thanks! This is perfect! 

Labels