Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow with variable input file name

kunalhdoshi
5 - Atom

I have a list of files in a directory which are named in the format: "2017_03_21_Filename.xlsx" where the date part is today's date. I wish to create a flow which will dynamically choose today's date and choose the right file corresponding to the date from the folder. I am having issues with the Dynamic Input tool as I can't choose the right sheet required for it and throws the error "No table chosen" or "No sheet chosen".

I wish to schedule this workflow to run everyday.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@kunalhdoshi Great question! I'm assuming that you will always want to read 'sheet1'. You have a couple different ways to accomplish this. I've attached your workflow (v 11.0) where I modified the Dynamic Input to modify the SQL query:

Capture.PNG

Alternatively, you could modify your formula to include the sheetname. If you're on pre 11.0 alteryx, it would be | instead of ||| below:

[FilePath]+DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%Y_%m_%d")+"_Filename.xlsx|||`Sheet1$`"

Hope that helps!

MVS
5 - Atom

hi is there other way how to get the the other tab? I tried using the formula provided tried using one | and ||| and also added $ but it didnt work 

Labels