Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow Validation Error

ManishaJhaDubois
5 - Atom

Hello,

While trying to upload a workflow to the Gallery to schedule, I am running into a validation error at the beginning of the control container. The gallery does not recognize the tool. I tried different combinations within the container, and this workflow failed to upload each time. Tool 126 is the select tool.

Sample.png

Some troubleshooting I performed before posting here:

1. Verify Tool Existence: Ensure that tool 126 actually exists within the workflow. It's possible that during some editing, the tool was removed or its ID was changed.

2. Check Dependencies: If tool 126 is a Select tool as you mentioned, check that all tools that depend on it or provide input to it are correctly configured.

3. Inspect the XML: Since the error is coming from an XML file (as indicated by .yxmd), you could open the workflow file in a text editor and search for "Tool 126" to see how it's referenced. There might be a node that is pointing to a non-existing tool.

4. Correct the XML: If you find an incorrect reference in the XML, you can manually correct it if you're familiar with the structure of the workflow file.

5. Recreate the Tool: If the tool is missing, you might need to recreate it in the workflow and ensure that all connections are properly made.

Any help please or direction on what I should do next!

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
19 - Altair

can you open the xml of the .yxmd notepad - search for tool 126 and then copy and paste it here? You probably need to delete the raw xml references.

ManishaJhaDubois
5 - Atom

<Node ToolID="126"> <GuiSettings Plugin="AlteryxBasePluginsGui.AlteryxSelect.AlteryxSelect"> <Position x="5874" y="90" /> </GuiSettings> <Properties> <Configuration> <OrderChanged value="False" /> <CommaDecimal value="False" /> <SelectFields> <SelectField field="Script" selected="True" /> <SelectField field="*Unknown" selected="False" /> </SelectFields> </Configuration> <Annotation DisplayMode="0"> <Name /> <AnnotationText>Select</AnnotationText> <DefaultAnnotationText /> <Left value="False" /> </Annotation> </Properties> <EngineSettings EngineDll="AlteryxBasePluginsEngine.dll" EngineDllEntryPoint="AlteryxSelect" /> </Node>

apathetichell
19 - Altair

ok. so that's weird. can you delete the select tool from your workflow. save it. readd teh select tool. save it. see if it has a different tool number - try republishing to server.

if there is no tool 126 - which would usually cause this error - delete that code you posted from the .yxmd in notepad. save it as a .yxmd - retry.

ManishaJhaDubois
5 - Atom

I tried different combinations, one that worked was removing all the control containers and using the 'block until done' tool in place. I will continue to modify the workflow, but the workflow is uploading in the gallery now. 

Labels