Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Will the Alteryx Python library support newer versions of NumPy?

Matthew
11 - Bolide

I want to install some data science related Python libraries, but they require me to update SciKitLearn and NumPy, but when i do that, i lose compatibility with the Alteryx package.. Is this going to be fixed?

According to this page, the only solution offered is "don't upgrade NumPy"

3 REPLIES 3
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You can make a custom app with Python that calls a specific version of NumPy I believe. But I’m not entirely sure.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
TimN
13 - Pulsar

There are a few Ideas posted to allow for Virtual Environments.  Here is one:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Ideas/Python-Tool-Managing-Virtual-Environ...

I think are others as well.  If they get enough likes maybe Alteryx will add this capability.

evalentine
5 - Atom

I ended up writing a small python script to fix the underlying script that does the conversion from numpy to alteryx:

file_path = "C:/Program Files/Alteryx/bin/Miniconda3/envs/DesignerBaseTools_vEnv/Lib/site-packages/ayx/Datafiles.py"
with open(file_path, 'r') as file:
py_file = file.read()

print("File Read in")

# replace numpy.bool
py_file = py_file.replace("numpy.bool", "bool")

print("String Replaced")

# write back to file
with open(file_path, 'w') as file:
file.write(py_file)

print("File written back")

Usually on an Ayx Server install you can use D:/apps/ instead of Program Files directory. Honestly all Ayx has to do is update their github repo and publish a new version with this fix and it should continue to work with all future versions of numpy

Labels