Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Why Multi Field Formula omitting first field name to remove double quotes??

indras111
7 - Meteor

Hi

I have been running below workflow and i have used Multi Field Formula to get rid of double quotes for each value. However, when i run workflow the first value is still showing double quotes. Is there any way i can fix this. You can see below screenshot to understand the problem.

Screenshot1.jpg

15 REPLIES 15
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @indras111 

Could you please show full configuration of your Multi-Field formula tool?

Cheers,

indras111
7 - Meteor

Thank you for quick response. Please find the below screenshot.Screenshot2.jpg

DataKyle
8 - Asteroid

Is there any reason in particular that you use the multi field tool to strip the quotes?

There is a StripQuotes function that you can put in a formula tool as long as the data is a string (looks to be the case for your image).

I think you can also use the Trim function within a formula tool to remove quotes. 

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@indras111 

I think you missed the screenshot.

Cheers,

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I imagine it's because they are applying that function across all fields. However, I also think the problem may be because the quotes are not the standard quotes. Remove them using the replace function, but specifically copy and paste the quotes from the results window into the formula to ensure you're using the correct quotes. If they're double quotes make sure you wrap them in single quotes.

Bulien

indras111
7 - Meteor

Yes. Please check it now. I have updated it.

indras111
7 - Meteor

I have this double quotes for all field values. So i have used multi field formula tool to do the same. Please refer my screenshot in my comment.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@indras111 

I think @mceleavey's right. They are probably not standard double quotes, this might be the reason why the StripQuotes function is not recognizing them at all.

You could check this better by Tokenizing the field and applying the CharToInt function. If your quotes are Unicode 34, then they should be stripped with StripQuotes function.

shot1.PNG

Cheers,

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @indras111 

+1 on @mceleavey 's comment.

My guess is that they are not standard quotes as well. I'd copy from the results window, and use the Replace function to remove them

Replace([_CurrentField_],'"',"")

If they are double-quotation marks (unicode character 34), StripQuotes would work. If not, add another Multi-Field formula tool, and paste in the offending character in the what to replace part. You might also try single quotes surrounding the character.

Cheers!!

Esther

Labels