Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

VLOOKUP Function with IF Condition in Alteryx

Vikas27
7 - Meteor

Hi Friends

I'm newbie to Alteryx. I'm struck to a VLOOPUP Function in Alteryx. I tried using Find & Replace and Join Function but it didn't worked. So, to start with I have 2 data sets which I want to marry up to get the new data in new tab created in file 1.

In excel i can simply use the condition IF(Strategy=",", VLOOKUP(Ticker, File 2!A:B,2,FALSE),Strategy)). 

But how to use the same feature in Alteryx. I tried marrying both files with Find & Replace tool i was able to amend Ticker data in File 1 and replace with Strategy data of File 2. But faced 2 problems -

1) Where i see blank in excel my IF condition pick strategy from File 1. 

2) I was not able to create new column in File 1 to apply the VLOOKUP. It was applied to existing columns. 

File 1 

TickerStrategy
PNL TICKER: PNL ENTITY: Collateral FundingCollateral Funding
PNL Ticker: Reserves 
PNL Ticker: Brokerage 
 Options

File 2

TickerStrategy
NOTAPPLICABLEVMASTER
CDXHY2206/19V4HY22
CDXHY2312/19V3HY23
NOTAPPLICABLEVMASTER
CDXHY2206/19V4HY22

Can someone please help me with the flow? 

Best Regards

Vikas

11 REPLIES 11
Vikas27
7 - Meteor

@AlexSTeryx  Morning Alex, I used your initial WF where we used Find & Replace tool and did append to select new column. It worked however there were some null data which I filled by doing the mapping. Thanks for all your help ! Much appreciated. 

Next I’m going to test the cross tab as I need to create pivot on my data set. Let’s see if I can build out something out myself. 

AlexSTeryx
8 - Asteroid

Good Morning @Vikas27 , 

thanks for accepting my suggestion as solution! Happy, I could help you :-). 
Good luck with the cross tap! Keep posting in case you struggle ;-)
Best

Alex

Labels