Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using Multi Row/Multi Field Formula to resolve the issue

ajanayak
8 - Asteroid

Hello Team,

Please help me to resolve the difficulties which I am facing in one of my delivery where I need to use Multi Row/Multi Field formula to get the result, I am stucked to move forward, Please help me, Thanks in advance.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

AJAY

17 REPLIES 17
ajanayak
8 - Asteroid

Hello Finn,

In this case your solution doesn't work for me if my dataset changes, It works for that particular data which was provided earlier, Have a look by attaching my new dataset with the same solution provided by you. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

AJAY

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @ajanayak 

As per the input dataset it was clearly mentioned in the formula like K4 = (J4-K3)+K2

Surprised why the dataset changed.

If the dataset is changed, even the excel formula will not work.....

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @ajanayak 

Can you please share the formula to be applied for the new dataset.

Many thanks

Shanker V

ajanayak
8 - Asteroid

Hello Shanker,

Thanks for understanding, I am attaching the file wherein Output sheet contains the dynamic formula for INVENTORY: 4PL row,

In real time there would be 100 number of SKUs, please have a look into the formula and let me know if you need anything in detail.

Thanks

AJAY

ShankerV
17 - Castor

@ajanayak 

Please find the expected output.

The workflow is changed dynamically to work even if more rows are added to the dataset.

ShankerV_0-1675276991548.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

ajanayak
8 - Asteroid

Hi Shanker,

I see the solution with exact output I was looking for but is there any specific reason you are always considering the first row as contains data, Just curious to know.

Without that can we solve this.

Thanks

AJAY

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @ajanayak 

There are many ways to reach the solution by including the first line and writing the formula in dynamic rename as crosstab will spoil the heading by replacing by _

I have avoided considering the first line because I do not want to write formula in dynamic rename tool where M-1 needs to be replaced with _ and then again replaced after cross tab.

Many thanks

Shanker V

ajanayak
8 - Asteroid

I just tried to do the things by keeping first row as header, Some minor issue not able to figure out, Please help me to identify, I am attaching my Workflow here for your reference.

I really appreciate your help and support which is having a huge impact on my career for sure, May god bless you.

Thanks

AJAY

Labels