Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Use simple workflow on multiple files in same folder with separate outputs

jcholet
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have a simple workflow that inputs a CSV file, then outputs it as xlsx, using one of the field values to split data onto different tabs.  I would like to use this workflow on many identical-schema CSV files in a folder, outputting each file separately.

I can't seem to figure it out using macro tools or Directory and I'm stumped.  Is there a way to do this in Alteryx?  I can attach my little workflow if needed.

Thank you!

15 REPLIES 15
jcholet
7 - Meteor

Here are three inputs and three outputs, which I generated by running my workflow three times and manually updating the input file name and the output file name.

What I'd like is to be able to read in each input and generate these outputs with a single workflow.

jcholet
7 - Meteor

It would only allow five files so here again is the Sample1.csv

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

See attached. You'll need to change the directory path in the first tool, as well as the output path in the formula tool within the macro.

echuong1_0-1599228449029.pngechuong1_1-1599228473464.png

jcholet
7 - Meteor

Thank you!  I'm not able to load it because our company has version 2018.3.4.51585.

Are you able to save this as an earlier version of Alteryx?  

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Unfortunately, I can't downgrade the version because it will automatically change once I save it.

After you imported the workflow, it should have created a folder with the .yxmd and .yxmc files. Right click and open them with a text editor. You can change the version there.

echuong1_0-1599229229860.png

jcholet
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much for your time and effort on this!

Labels