Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Urgent: Microsoft Excel binary file input

ShantanuDagar
8 - Asteroid

Hey guys,

I had created a workflow for a certain rec. The past input files were in xlsx format.

Recently the file format changed to microsoft excel binary file .xlsb. I tried to input it using input data tool but it doesn't show the option of Start data import on line: as my data is starting from 2nd row.

Is there any other way of importing from line 2? As the last row keeps increasing as year progresses...

Also I tried resaving it as xlsx format and input, but a couple of filters in my workflow went blank after that. Configuration window shows a blank screen and after running error pops up: The tool is not configured.

Any help would be appreciated...

2 REPLIES 2
Verakso
11 - Bolide

Must admit, I haven't tried Excel binary format. but can you still import the data?

If it "just" a matter of skipping some lines look at the Select records tool https://help.alteryx.com/current/Macro_SelectRecords.htm
If there is an issue with the headers, then look at the Dynamic rename tool Dynamic Rename Tool | Alteryx Help

/Verakso (ツ)

EdwardCochrane
7 - Meteor

In my experience, xlsb files do not play nicely with alteryx.

What you could do is import the full sheet as it is, then use the sample tool to remove the first line. You could also use a data cleansing tool to accomplish the same thing if the first row is completely blank.

Labels